Go forwards, run backwards, step sideways, keep your eyes open and your ears peeled, the world is travelling at a million miles a second and you don't want to miss it.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Well, today is the day.

This is it. Today, at 7:40 EST, I will be (hopefully, provided Logan doesn't suck) flying out of Boston and out over the Atlantic Ocean, to land in Heathrow International Airport at roughly 2 a.m. our time. I'm taking the group flight, although I have no idea who's on it. I'm hoping I'll recognize some other BU students/people who look my age and are traveling with an unnecessary amount of luggage. I also have a cold, which is just, well, awesome.


I have to say, I'm anxious to get there because my roommate is there already, Fallon's there already, and seeing their pictures on Facebook makes me just want to be there with them. Fallon and her friends are the only people I know in that entire country, so I want to be with them ASAP. I'll probably go harass Fallon when I finally get a chance to relax tomorrow (SO MANY THINGS TO DO.)


I'm not as anxious as I thought I would be today, probably because I already did all the good-byes and all the crying. Good lord, the crying. Leaving my sorority sisters on Monday was like being at a funeral. Although it was very touching, and it meant a lot to me. So, so much. I can't wait to come back and see those lovely ladies again :) Although having Fallon there will definitely help on those lonely days where I just miss BU and the BU Bands and TBS and I hide in my sweatshirt. Well, we'll see, I suppose.


The news is telling me I'm leaving on the same day as the very first EEE case. Wasn't that old news in 2005? Well anyway.


I've had "The I Love You Song" from 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee in my head since Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you to come to London! It's different but super awesome already and I've only been here a week. We can hide in our sweatshirts together! As in: I hope you packed our class sweatshirt too! LITB

    ReplyDelete